Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas gifts

You know how we plan and scheme all through the year for the Christmas holidays. We always have good intentions and great plans. I have made Christmas gifts almost all my life. Don't get me wrong, I definitely don't make all the gifts but I do like to make some. This year I started out with some UFO's and made my new grandson a quilt and a Christmas stocking.

Then I got into aprons and pot holders and that is where things got crazy. I was having so much fun putting these together I started adding people to my list. I wasn't doing these in any kind of order so on Christmas eve I was sewing away on the last apron (well, it really isn't the last one :D) ....my daughter's. And I am almost done and realize that I am not going to have enough zigzag trim! I mean, I have like an hour and a half to clean myself up, drop off a gift and make it to her house for our Christmas celebration. Thanks heavens everything else was ready.

I bought the trim off a roll in Spokane Valley and that is about a 40 minute drive from my house...that's not going to happen. I could get a package of trim in my small town but it will not be quite as wide and I don't have time. I just had the neckline and one arm hole to do and went hunting through my stash (does this count as a UFO?) and low and behold there was some black zigzag trim! Not quite as wide but no one will really ever notice as only half of it shows. SAVED!
I made a BBQ apron for Malachi (SIL) and a kitchen apron for Tracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)