Friday, November 14, 2014

The Stupid Password

 

I just got hacked!  I have been sitting here staring at my computer screen trying to send emails for what feels like forever.  I gave up on Sunday afternoon and tried to get help from my provider.  I just got a call….yes, it was four days.  Oh, sure the computer geeks were trying to help me but the ABUSE geeks never called until just now.  Frustration…yes, but I am just part of over 3000 customers who are in the same boat.  We all got our email passwords hacked.

 

tech39

 

We are not done yet but I wanted to share a website with you so that you could check out how to make a safe password.  This is just so fun, I keep trying to make a better one each go round. Check it out here

 

The tech told me he uses three passwords, one for email, one for banking and one generic.  Each of these have a variety of differences depending on what they are for….and I wonder if I could remember even one variation?  Sheesh, am I too old to be playing around on this computer?  I sure hope not…I am still having a lot of fun, even with the headaches. 

8 comments:

  1. so sorry! that is the worst! and I know...trying to keep up with all these different passwords is hard for this old brain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Urggg! That's so aggravating. Thank you for your input on my 'new' trailer. I can hardly wait to use her.
    Good luck with the geeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! The internet is a great place, but can be scary at times. I tell myself that trying to remember all those passwords is fighting Alzheimer's and dementia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gee-sh sorry for the hack. It's a never ending struggle. I know shorthand, which very few people do, so I tend to write mine down that way. This is sort of like putting one's devices in the dishwasher cuz what thief would look there. Hope no one turns on the dishwasher but there is just me. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!!!!!
    So sorry! Hurry back!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. How frustrating, Karen. I hate when stuff like that happens. You just feel so vulnerable! We were part of that fiasco last year at Target when our MC got stolen...we bought tickets to Europe...lol Only a $1200. charge. The card co, or course, took it off. Latest was Home Depot and they sent us another new card because the replacement card had been hacked. Gotta love technology! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just received a notice yesterday that someone accessed my youtube account through google and I had to change my password too!! Scary, to say the least!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doesn't sound like much fun to me!! Not a fan of technology gone bad...Passwords are a pain..I have a book..I can't remember them..Have to change them too often..Hope you're OK soon..

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)