Wednesday, October 1, 2008

My retro kitchen

I remodeled this kitchen a few years ago but kept the old metal cabinets. I rearranged them for a more comfortable fit and repainted them. I laid granite tile on the counters and kept the old "running board sinks". I put new bead board up as a back splash and laid new tile floors. The kitchen is in the center of the main floor and is really the heart of the home. My house is 102 years old and is surrounded by alfalfa and wheat fields, some are mine. I am on a main hiway that runs through a little college town. Train tracks run behind my fields and I often wonder what it was like here 100 years ago. It is as close to country as I have ever gotten. I grew up a big city girl but I am truly a farmgirl at heart. It took me more than 50 years to figure it out but yee hawww!!!I got it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)