Saturday, November 3, 2012

Driving Ms. Daisy…1969 Shasta Trailer

driving ms-daisy-018-1024x783_thumb3 

In October of 2010, I brought home a Shasta 1400, she was pretty ugly.  Since it was so late in the year, I wasn’t able to do anything until the Spring of 2011.

  ms daisy 006 (1024x808)

Don’t you just love the décor?

 ms daisy 007 (1024x768)

My least favorite color of paneling, if I had to chose one?  Not blonde!  What I did love about this trailer was the front kitchen.  And that door on the left?  The bathroom!  Yay! 

ms daisy 008 

ms daisy 014

So I got to priming, with my all time favorite primer, Zinnser Bullseye 123.  I already feel better. 

ms daisy 012

I loved the full long couch on the left that makes into a double bed.  The table area also makes into a bed.  The above bunk was removed and made into a storage area.  This trailer has tons of storage.  It is under all the beds and even above.

  sotf-006_thumb3

I chose a three color decorating theme.  I was able to get the stove powder coated, locally, for about $50.  I have since learned you can use Automotive Drive Train paint, which comes in about a dozen colors and is good up to 600 degrees.  And save some money, for other fun decorating.   I even spray painted the drawer handles. 

sotf-011_thumb2

I love Mexico, having traveled there several times and chose this as my theme.  I joined Sisters on the Fly, in September of 2011 and have been having a wonderful time traveling around the Northwest, with my fellow sisters.

  sotf 004 (640x558) 

 

sotf 012 (480x640) 

 

Sisters 264

I just love this fantastic vintage sombrero I got from another sister. 

elk river 008

This last July I was finally able to get the exterior painted.  It is always an ongoing process.  I just got new flooring in this fall.

elk river 017

We always have the best time, when we get together.

 Mardon 009

The flooring is a bit retro with the sort of paint splashed colors. 

elk river 018

I can’t wait for Spring….Ha! 

I am going to share this post at these parties…..

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
 
 
 
 
 
Fridays Unfolded

32 comments:

  1. So pretty. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! In my next life, I am going to do this!!!! GREAT job and the perfect color pallet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I would love to be able to do this. It sounds so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's hard to believe that's the same trailer. You worked your magic on it!!!! It looks so vibrant/alive and pretty!!! I don't like blonde paneling either.... yuck!
    Wishing I were your neighbor and I could tag along on your adventures!
    hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I just brought home a vintage camper this fall too. Looks like it's be the spring of 2013 before I get at it. Your colors are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one amazing person. You have talent oozzing from you. I love what you have done...and the red...just the right pop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got me singing .... on the road again, I can't wait to get on the road again....

    Willie Bliss

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing makeover! That is my kind of camping! Just love everything about your trailer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is precious. You did a great job renovating it. That is my dream for retirement. I'm saving money now for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the before and after photos. I am in the primer/paint stage, but could not stand to do it all at once so I broke it down into "rooms" Love the Mexican theme and the colors!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your color scheme is SO pretty! What fun you must have traveling in your renovated camper- lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks like a BLAST! I remember camping with my Grandma Ruby in a camper like that!

    xo

    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my this vintage trailer is adorable I love what you did with it. It is my dream to own one someday. Love it!!!! Thanks for finding my blog now I have found you.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was in awe at your adorable
    home/trailer. The way you refinished
    it is amazing. Ok, you hook it on
    the back of your car/truck and pull
    it or is it parked? I love it and
    if anyone kicks me out of my home
    I'm getting one and heading out
    to Arizona and moving in...
    Love it
    Thanks so much for your visit
    and your sweet comments.
    Happy Spring
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like so much fun! I love the vintage campers :) Robin

    ReplyDelete
  16. You did such a wonderful job on this, Karen...just great! Makes me want one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what you've done. It is so cheerful and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is awesome, how did I not see this post earlier!!! It is the cutest trailer and I love what you have done with it. It's just the best and I'm pinning pictures! I am so impressed with what you've done. I think it's so neat that you are hanging out with Sisters On The Fly, maybe someday I'll be able to. Now if I could just get my act together and work on mine!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know where my comment went but here goes again.... I don't know how I missed this post! I think your camper is awesome, it's just so cute! You've done a fantastic job of decorating and I am so impressed. I think it's great that you are one of The Sisters on the Fly! I hope you have many fun adventures with them and I'll try to keep up with your posts more often!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun camper!!! And I love the red and turquoise color combination. Fixing it up little by little. Yup, thats how it works here at my house! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm obsessed! Eeek! Saw some of these in Issaquah and now I'm on the hunt for my own! Added you to my Google +! Thanks for the inspiration! -Amber @ Dimples and Pig Tales

    ReplyDelete
  22. That has got to be about the cutest trailer I have ever seen. Love Love Love your color scheme - and now on the exterior also. What a fun way to travel, visit with friends and have fun.

    Have some fun spring travel time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Have you seen the movie The Long Yellow Trailer?

    I think that's the name of it- the stars were Lucille Ball and Desi Arnez. I think it was before the I Love Lucy series. It's cute and funny! I bet you could even find a VHS tape to watch it on your VCR! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG.. fun fun fun! You did such a superb job with the colors you chose. You ladies must have a ton of good times. xox

    ReplyDelete
  25. FUN!!! I want to have a cute little trailer like this to decorate too! Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello, Karen! How lovely to see you again! What a great little trailer to just hang out in under the stars, in the woods with the animals! And I love your sidebar photo of your transformation. 50 lbs? FANTASTIC! Isn't it great to be lighter!

    Thanks so much for coming by to visit. Enjoy your week! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi I love,love, this can you please share your paint colors you used???:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi I love,love, this can you please share your paint colors you used???:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love this! You did a great job - so cute! I want one! xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh. my. goodness. Karen, that is so stinking cute!! And, "Sisters on the Fly"! How fun must that group of ladies be! You did an amazing job and I know you must enjoy her so much (does she have a name? I'm sure I would have had to name her). Ha! Wishing you wonderful travels! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)