I made this cross stitch many years ago and just didn’t see the extra money in the budget to get a decent frame. I spent over eight years getting this finished (no, not the entire time!) and always felt it needed a wider ornate frame.
The picture was an odd size so finding a frame to fit was very difficult…without spending big bucks for a professional made frame. But recently my thrift store ventures paid off and I found one that fit…perfectly. It was not cheap, considering it was at a thrift store but it was still going to save me some big bucks.
I wasn’t very happy with the way this turned out. I had sanded down areas to give it a worn look and it was just too distracting. Too busy for the detailed piece. So I repainted it again leaving a few darker spots…so I can live with it now. All in all it sure is better than the original. It might have been better to just leave this frame in the gold antique look but since my bath is so white…..