Monday, October 27, 2008


















Wow, I have not posted in a long time! I have been busy, mostly learning to crochet. I have been making dish cloths and towels. I have single crochet and double crochet down pat, however, it took a good week for me to realize I did not have the guage correct. But I have it now. So I need to add a few more stitches and then I can really start to create. I want to make a bunch of 'wiffer' covers so one does not have to purchase those covers all the time. I have one done by a 'pro' and just need to figure out what stitches were used. I am expecting a book on stitches to arrive soon.

I went to a fair at Rosalia (south of Cheney) this weekend and met Mary Jane Butters and got her to sign her book MaryJane's Ideabook.Cookbook.Lifebook for the farmgirl in all of us. She even had me sign her apron! She is so sweet and it was a lot of fun as I got to meet other farmgirls from my area. I was invited to join a chapter of gals in Spokane and will be meetings with them in November. I am really looking forward to it. We got a wonderful tour of town and got to visit a lovely very old home full of farmgirl treats! Crafters and eating goodies! Of course, I had to buy some home made soap and the cutest little doll with ' an attitude hair style'. I love her and I am not a doll person! You can see others like her at www.flightfancy.etsy.com. This sight also has fabulous jewelry. All in all it was a fun trip in the country.

Later in the day I went to an art auction for teens in distress with my daughter, Tracy. We had a nice time and she won a prize basket with art work and pottery and a candle. I won an item in the auction that I bid on. It is a lovely original art piece by a Spokane artist of Riverfront Park in the winter. And it has a lovely frame that fits right in my house. I will have to show a pic of it later.

So as my daughter says I 'am becoming quite a social butterfly'. Ha! I guess that happens when you start to love life.
The pics above are the eyeglass cases I have been making. Some match the totes I have been making and others a just from scraps of fabric I have left over. I still need to set up a store on etsy.com so I can sell my wares. I have been invited to do a crafters show in Rosalia in December but have not made up my mind on that yet. I might do one in Spokane.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm so happy you enjoyed the trip through Rosalia. Thanks so much for mentioning my little dolls. That's very kind, and I'm totally thrilled to have found your blog. Now I know where to contact the lady with the great bags!

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)