Wednesday, June 30, 2010

A work in Progress

Trailer Trash (I named my 1959 Aljo trailer) in the beginning. It is a really rough one but that's what you get when it is 'free'. I put that in quotes....for a reason....you will see below.
A girl can't work unless she has the proper tools!


Is this really progress?


Each time I open up more of Trailer Trash, the more dry rot or other problems I encounter. I mean look at that wheel well....it was so bent out of shape that it was throwing dirt into the inside the cabinets from the highway! Since finding replacements is not easy for a 50 year old trailer, I will have to make do. The mother of invention will be put to hard use on this baby!


I finally just took everything out of the trailer as it is so hard to work around it all. And this all started with just....'I'll remove the old rotted paneling and put in new'....ha! Trailer Trash is getting rebuilt almost from the ground up and it is not like house construction....no, it is all so flimsy! Blows my mind! I will definitely be insulating this baby, however, to keep the heat down in the summer and the nights a bit warmer (?). Wish me luck!





8 comments:

  1. you are amazing.....can't wait to see it progress into what you want it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do it...my hubby and I re-do the vintage trailers..we always completely gut them..in the long run just easier that way...then you know what you have...If you get really stumped just ask...will be glad to give you any advice we can...looks like you are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is an amazing undertaking! I can't wait to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies, it may take me all summer as I keep finding more dry rot but it is now or never!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..you have taken this to a new level!!! I've seen what great stuff ypu did with your home so I know what wonders you'll do with this project.

    So.......is there ANYTHING you can't do? LOL

    Come by for a visit when you're up my way next!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmmm, why does this look familiar!?!?...thinking, thinking!
    lol! oh ya! mine looks like yours too!
    Only, at least you are making progress...mine is on the back buner 'cuz we gotta get the drip line(irrigaion) in....ok, so maybe both trailers will be done by next summer & we can have a "Trailer Warming Party"...I'll bring the wine! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More like Trailer Toasting....at least it is nearly toast right now. Didn't get a thing done today with the rain and a little thrifting thrown in to boot! lol

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)