Monday, November 29, 2010

Frame Up

house 029

I am literally obsessed with picture frames…I guess it originated from my love of art.  After all,  a beautiful picture must have a beautiful home.  Back in the 70’s and 80’s I loved to haunt old junk/antique stores and I found all kinds of artwork and fancy carved frames.  house 021

house 023 

Some were even homemade.

house 025

Some I made myself.

house 027

house 055

I love the contrast of smooth finished wood, with the rough textured center.

  house 052

house 048 

And I still collect today…..I just got this one a few weeks ago.  Love at first sight!

house 054And then there’s the simple plain barn wood style, common during the 70’s.

house 065

And I added some glazing to this one a few years ago…time for an updated look…never did like the color.  Even though I don’t like this current trend to paint everything in sight (that doesn’t move), I think I would like this one in white, after all.   

house 063This is a real gem!  Lovely hand painting.

house 053 

Your basic black and silver.  But I love the simplicity.

house 060

And something a little bit different.  I have another bamboo one around here somewhere…I think I had better quit this, before you see my true addiction in it’s full ramifications!

5 comments:

  1. Just one more obsession we have in common. Next time you're out, remind me to show you my little frame with opals in the corners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a nice collection of frames. I love how you put pics on your blog header and now your background? Lessons please....

    ReplyDelete
  3. We each have our addictions.... you have a great and beautiful selection of frames. I especially love the picture in the weird shaped frame......very calming painting...
    Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both! I can't seem to pass up beautiful picture frames. These are all gorgeous....you can never have too many;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha!
    "if it moves...Salute it!
    if it don't...paint it!
    lololol
    hugz girlfriend....
    >^..^<

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)