It’s that time of year again….trying to shed a few pounds! Maybe you just want to get rid of a few that you chunked on over the holidays or a bit more through the year. Here are a easy ways to lose without REALLY TRYING! Like that idea, don’t you? Me too!
1. Use the half-plate rule (fill half your plate with salad or veggies).
2. Don’t eat white foods at dinner.
3. Slow down. It takes 20 minutes for the stomach to tell the brain you are full.
5. Include a fruit and a veggie with your lunch and dinner.
6. Store all your snacks in small single-serving snack bags (you’ll eat 20% less). (I love this one, I even take a cute lunch tote along in the car for my single portion snacks). I also take a small snack size lunch item and protein bars, in case my errands take me into the lunch hour. This way I keep my blood sugar level and don't overeat when I get home.
7. According to Dr. Oz, dropping just 100 calories a day will keep off those extra pounds!