Friday, February 18, 2011

I’ve Been Featured!

I won honorable mention over at the Funky Junk Interiors blog for my vintage door knob coat rack!  I was so surprised! 

Screen_shot_2011-02-17_at_8_53_10_AM

 

porch 008

 

As some of you know, I spend a good deal of time on my back porch this last fall.  It was a decorating remodel, with lots of door knobs and windows.

 

porch_003_thumb[2]

 

porch 004

 

porch 011 

 

I love adding odd things like door knobs to all the ‘wrong’ places….thus they ended up on windows!

 

porch 020

 

porch 027

 

porch 003

 

porch 008

 

porch 003

 

I had a lot of fun on this project and I still have one whole wall to work with….so this Spring I will bring more of the interior out to my back porch! 

For the last two days I was happy to have this as an outdoor space, my fridge tried to give up the ghost and I had to use the old cabinet out there for my ‘fridge’.  So it does double duty, when needed.  Luckily, the fridge was saved and all my food it back inside.

You can stop on over at http://funkyjunkinteriors.blogspot.com/2011/02/copy-me-challenge-continues-with-3.html to see the post and the other winners.

11 comments:

  1. Great blog today. Love the sepia pix ... they seem to fit right in with the subject!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way cool....and I can say "I knew her when....." I love that coat rack for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome...I love all of your doings around your home, you are so creative....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is my kind of header photo. The fragrance just hit me right in the face!! Ah...

    I adore your porch, I think I would sleep out there. The window used as a picture fram... you have quite the eye for creating.

    I love your doorknob hanger and the weathered wood...makes me want to reach out and touch it. The wood has so much character.

    Congrats on being featured!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations.... you deserve an award for your awesome creations!!!!
    Your porch is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You go girl!! I feel like something is going to happen big time with you...you have the touch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! It is very cute...love the glass knob on the window...and I liked that you used your back porch for the fridge...very vintage!
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats! I love the cool ideas and how you put them together. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I loved it before and I STILL love it! So you're now featured on FJI Facebook for SNS #81. :)

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Funky-Junk-Interiors/175378011140#!/photo.php?fbid=10150246179471141&set=a.192514281140.164586.175378011140&type=1&theater

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want this door knob coat rack! Do you sell them?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this. Sharing on my Facebook page. Faux the Frill of It.

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)