Thursday, September 1, 2011

Is the Loony Bin Galvanized?

 

I just have to admit I have a real hankerin’ for anything galvanized lately…it been one pail after another….!  And then there are the picture frames…always loved them.  This is a super large one and in pretty good shape…$8.  The large pail-$3 (got it last week), smaller one- $2 and the galvanized milk box with foam insulation in it-$4.

                          egg 008  

It’s a bit rough inside but I will still find a use for it….probably in the Chicken Mansion.  Several of these are going to display plants…I bought mums the other day.

                      egg 013 

 

                egg 014 

                I’m a real sucker for a frame….especially when it is 50 cents. 

                   egg 015 

Aren’t these cute graphics…and in such good shape.  It’s not extremely old (UPC) on the side but still cute for a buck, and it’s huge….8 inches high.

 egg 009 

Ok, this is the ‘doozy of a 'deal’ here….it’s a large railroad sign.  All metal, rusty with small round light reflectors on all the letters.  (Looks like it was hit by a train! ) It is amazingly heavy and about four and a half feet wide.  It has the clamps on the back where it was mounted to a large pole.  I might attach it to a short pole near the Chicken Mansion. 

Think I’m crazy yet?  Ready for the Loony Bin?  Well, then….make mine galvanized!   I think I need some space in a flea market…and quick!  $40….what do you think? 

Trains go by here at the end of my 13 acre parcel, every day, so it seems to have found the perfect home. 

Linking up to these fun parties…come and join me…

                                                        

<                                              


                                    Transformation Thursday

Funky Junk Interiors</center

12 comments:

  1. You're up early this morning too!! And ... haven't you been having fun shopping in your favorite places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you come visit me this winter..you are coming aren't you?...you can show me how to link up and all that...and I can show you my railroad find...and tell you the story...xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you. I love anything galvanized. I've been collecting now for some time. Great for flowers. Good buys, love the rr sign.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love old signs!! I think you have the perfect spot for it too. I have some galvanized buckets and water cans. Love them!!! Have a great day Karen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That baking powder tin is really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those peices.. especially the large frame!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loooove your finds!! You lucky duck!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks to me like you bought some mighty fun pieces. I love the picture frames.
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That baking powder can is so darn cute! Come by and join me at my weekly NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAY PARTY…hope to see ya there!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gal in a farmhouse with chicken can never have too many buckets! lol! Great finds! :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great finds, great rices.
    I'm afraid I have started paying a bit too much for things for the store. I just keep finding things I "have" to have.
    Better get back to my frugal shopping so I can make some money. =)

    blessings
    barbara jean

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)