Thursday, November 3, 2011

Funky Fridays

     

                                   grayson 002 

I picked up this half bucket at a local thrift store, added some graphics to it…..

               v 002 …and some old wallpaper.  I think my girls might like this in the Chicken Mansion.  I am sure I can find lots of uses for it.

I have also been collecting yardsticks for quite some time.  I had planned to use them on the edge of my work bench but after visiting  http://mamiejanes.blogspot.com/2011/09/yardstick-tray.html   I just had to make a tray like hers…  Yes, I copied her, in a slightly different way.  She was able to use many of the old style yardstick…they had a fabulous patina…I may end up staining these.

 

      v 006 

 

       projects 004  

 

           projects 005 

 

I just had to make another one and added handles to this one.

 

     KP 001 

 

          KP 008 

 

It was fun using rulers from this area and choosing where to place them. 

 

       KP 004 

I’m linking up to these parties…..

                          vif187

 
 
 
             
                                                             Beyond The Picket Fence

                                                           

                                                    

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

17 comments:

  1. How cool. I have been saving the old wooden yard sticks. This may be just the idea I've been saving them for, but I think I'll need more than I currently have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look wonderful. Thanks for sharing. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked old rulers and it's so fun to see them being used these days in new ways. Yours look great. Nice job :)
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love what you've done with the half bucket......it looks wonderful.....and the yard stick tray is great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you've done with the yard sticks! They are harder to come by now.
    And those girls of yours are just too spoiled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your yardstick tray is just the cutest!

    Thank you for joining Potpourri Friday. I hope you will make it a weekly party stop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'Measure twice...cut once'..
    I luv how you play by the 'rules' and when it comes to craftiness, you really 'measure up'...
    snork, giggle....
    :>)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved seeing your found treasures and your projects...so beautiful! I have joined your followers list and invite you to join my followers list; as well,I hope you will grab a blog button. Hugs, Gayle
    http://atastefultouch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the tray! I love it.

    Love the bucket too. Well done!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did with your yard sticks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You clever girl! See what happens when you stay home for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karen thank you so much for your response to my email darling. I will check Craigs list. This project is beautiful. Awesome job! Dawn Suitcase Vignettes xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these- thanks for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those yard stick trays are just fabulous! I'll have to keep an eye out for them at auctions and thrift stores now. Thanks for sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very cute. I must have missed Jane's post on this, so it's new to me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man! I love your tray! I can't seem to find any yard sticks around here, so wanting to do something with yardsticks! Typography, wood, stain, numbers - what's not to love!
    Shannon
    aka design.

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)