Monday, September 17, 2012

Karen’s Camp

karen's camp 008 

 I had some fantastic friends, Sisters on the Fly, at my house this weekend.  Each brought one of their favorite trailers and we just had a blast.  Yes, several Sisters have more than one trailer…one gal has five!  It’s a fun addiction!

             karen's camp 009 

As you might guess, Mig loves to decorate…she even took the washcloths I made and decorated her mailbox!

 karen's camp 064

A quick stop at the Dollar Store and Mig was decorating again.  Check out the bumper!

 karen's camp 024 

karen's camp 005 

We all loved Cori’s new paint job!  And she’s got the decorating down…adorable kid’s ironing board.

karen's camp 004

And always a favorite is Carolyn’s Menopause trailer.  She even gets truck drivers begging to take pictures!

 karen's camp 007 

Juli’s Iron Pony has adorable graphics.

 karen's camp 016 

 

karen's camp 062

And check out the lovely lady herself!

karen's camp 015

 

karen's camp 011 

This is Linda’s newest trailer and she is going to sand off some of this new paint to bring out the dark color she painted underneath…she’s going for a shabby/rusty look.  Can’t wait to see it. 

karen's camp 017 

Toni’s trailer has a leopard look…so adorable!

 karen's camp 018 

 

karen's camp 019 

karen's camp 012 

Grace made time to garage sale on the way over and picked up a lavender Christmas tree!  Way to go, Grace!

 

karen's camp 020 

Dee Ann’s place would be a mermaid’s palace.  Sweet sea shells and an adorable fishnet screen door. 

karen's camp 021 

On Saturday, this being our second annual meet, we had to repeat what we did last year.  So we went looking for garage sales in Spokane, WA.  We grouped our ‘stuff’ together for our annual photo shoot….

karen's camp 032

We got a lot of fun stuff…here is a sample.

karen's camp 043

Yes, Grace is going to model the bustier, she found at a garage sale.  Before you know it, she is modeling a whole new outfit.

 karen's camp 044

I just love this picture of her! 

karen's camp 048 

 

karen's camp 061

I think Dash is a little disgruntled that he is not getting any attention, now that we have new finds to play with.

karen's camp 057

Ah, come on, ladies!

karen's camp 003

We all had a great time and exchanged stories around the campfire every morning and evening. 

karen's camp 068

Even my girls got in on the fun! 

 

14 comments:

  1. Great photo perspectives on a great gathering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you girls had lots of fun.... NICE
    Ciao for now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at all the fun you gals had!!! Love the pic of Gracie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo, was I laughing (in pic #2) or was I gasping for air? lol!
    OMG! did I really get into that Bustier' ? lolol!
    The "girls" have not been up that high in a very long, long time! lolololol!

    Loved our 2nd annual get together & shop-a-thon at "Kamp Karen's"
    Wagons HO!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved every minute of this post. Thank you. Thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what fun!!! I am getting my first vintage trailer this weekend! I can hardly wait and hope to convince other friends to buy their own and come and camp at my little farm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what a treat...you gals seemingly had a ball! Great Post...loved it! Way to go!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a treat...you gals seemingly had a ball! Great Post...loved it! Way to go!
    Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  9. What great fun Karen!!!!! I wish I were there!!!
    XO Kris

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an awesome event! You're so lucky to have all that space to accommodate such a fun group. Love those paint jobs especially the polka dots and the menopause and medicare. What a fun group!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let Grace know it's pretty impressive that bustier fit!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I want to come to Karen's Camp!! I think Grace rocks that bustier!! Was that leather???? It looked like it! Look out, Gary!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for posting this. I cant' wait to get a trailer/camper for myself. Some day....some day...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm a 44 year old single mother of a 4 year old. She's adventurous and has been begging me to buy a camper...any suggestions as to where to start? I haven't camped since I was 17!

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)