Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Hens and Chickens….

chix 006

 

…not exactly what you thought.  This year, more than ever, I wanted to plant cacti/Hens and Chickens, in odd containers….mostly galvanized.

 chix 007

 

I had a good start with this one from last year. 

 

chix 001

 

So I added a wood ladder to the exterior of the chicken run and got busy adding more galvanized planters.  I even hung some on the chicken wire.  With help from the neighbor, I got a roost made for the run, as well.  Things are looking up. 

chix 003

 

I got two of these bunny feeders at a garage sale for $1 a piece…I lined them with coffee filters (they have a wire mesh in the bottom) and they make real cute planters…just hope I can remember to water them. 

 

chix 013

 

When I get close to the wire the girls think I am going to feed them some grass….so here they come running. 

 

chix 015

 

Opps, traffic jam! 

 

7 comments:

  1. And you said you didn't feel creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These looks so cute. Both the plants and the real chickens. I have a lot of Hens and Chicks succulents and they will survive most anything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. Don't you just love coffee filters? Great find on the bunny feeders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Karen. I love anything that is galvanized too. Your new planters are so pretty. And the girls!!! Oh my, they are all looking so healthy and great! You must be getting lots of gorgeous eggs now!!
    Summer is here!!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No eggs for a couple more months...they are just 4 months old.

      Delete
  5. Pretty plants Karen! Love the containers you used. Your girls are growing and look how cute they are! I am loving having chickens again. Bet you are too! Hugs, Maryjane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these. I have hen & chicks planted everywhere. They're one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)