Thursday, July 24, 2014

Weather Woes

elk river 018 (2)

 

This last week is starting to take a toll on me.  Last weekend there was fire danger not far from my home but luckily it didn’t come this way.  There are so many brave (and very tired) firemen and women working hard  to keep these fires at bay.  They are so appreciated!

 

Yesterday we had a freak wind/rain storm come though.  It was awful and a tree came down on my rental house.  Luckily it just touched down softly, as there appears to be no damage to the roof.  (I hope.)

 

I am heading out to Elk River, ID for my annual Girl Camp meet up.  I hope not to be delayed while trying to get someone to remove the tree, before I leave this morning.  Enough with this weather!!  Ugh.

 

Our theme this time at Girl Camp is Hollywood.  This should be really fun….you never know what will happen and who will be there…..maybe Marilyn Monroe, or Audrey Hepburn….who knows.  I just know I will have a great time….as always.

4 comments:

  1. Pack your coat because we have a cool front and it's even cooler up there! Have fun!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it was Elk Rive,r Minnesota, which isn't too far from my home and I thought that I could drive up and meet you!
    Enjoy the other Elk River town!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a fun trip Karen and hope you don't have any delays. Cant wait to see pictures when you get back! Happy Trails! xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you need a break Karen. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)