Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thankfulness




Fall is the time of year when harvests are being gathering all around us.  Plenty for all.  Storing up for winter and the leaner times....at least that was the way.  Now days with transportation and the internet we can have anything we want or need at the drop of a hat, in season or out.  

Does this make us less grateful?  It sure makes life easier.  And the bounty can be shared a lot faster and conveniently.  Has it made us complacent?  Almost demanding?  Do we ever think about how difficult it was back in the day?  Do we give thanks for our abundance?  

As we gather around our Thanksgiving tables, please take a moment to be thankful for all our bounty.  We are truly blessed in this country.

7 comments:

  1. Karen, We are blessed beyond compare. The secret is acknowledging those blessings as such. Blessings to you and yours, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, amen and amen. Happy Thanksgiving! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessed indeed.Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Karen,.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your post....yes, we are blessed beyond measure. One radio host I listen to always answers when asked how he is: 'better than I deserve to be....'. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I just LOVE Dave Ramsey, I listen to him every chance I get! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Karen for leaving a comment on my blog...Yes you are right I love the red and aqua look...I used to have a vintage trailer too...so we have lots in common...Love this thanksgiving post of yours :)

    Love Happy x

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)