Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Let there be light


I found an estate sale on my way home on Saturday and picked up this lamp for $7. I was quite pleased as shades are so expensive and I liked this one. I wasn't crazy about the base but I loved the shade! It came with two little matching vases also. I really needed another lamp in the living room for a long time and just could not find anything I liked. To me the lamp is all about the shade. Since this was basically an antique lamp I could live with the base.
So I set the lamp up in the living room and turned on the lamp and low and behold, it worked and the shade was vinyl! Vinyl, it can't be! It looked just like silk, that is until you touch it. Oh, no, I think I remember having a lamp with a shade like this when I was a kid. (That would have been in the 50's and 60's.) Hummm....I think there is a message here but I can't quite put my finger on it. Not sure I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)