Monday, February 15, 2010


Do you ever notice how noisy or quiet it is in your house? I really didn't pay much attention lately, until Saturday, that is. I had the wonderful pleasure of having my grandson over night. He fell asleep and I immediately started being very careful not to wake him. It was then that I noticed how quiet my house was, as opposed to his normal environment.
I just can't help reflecting on this quiet solitude that I live in most of the time. White noise for me is the faint hum of the refrigerator, the slow gusting sound of the furnace, the gurgling sound of the boiling water in the hot pot, the soft agitating sound of the washing machine or geese honking overhead. They are almost a comfort, a place of peaceful calm and relaxation. For some this is boredom magnified but for me, the simple pleasure of a slower, gentler time. I just can't imagine life without it! I love my quiet time.

1 comment:

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)