Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Old Time Sewing Machines

I have had these two little sewing machines for about twenty five years. I got this red one at an antique store and I believe, my Mom gave me the blue Brother.
My friend, Sharon (Bobbinrobin at MJ's), and I were out and about yesterday and stopped at a fabric shop and found many little sewing machines from way back and it reminded me of mine.

These last ones are google images and I had never seen anything like them. I love that they are pieces of furniture and yet not so large. I could picture this in a parlour or sitting room back in the day, not really for a quilter though. :)


This sure is a work of art and a lot of work...a hand crank.



Here is another beauty, but the lack of table space would drive any modern seamstress to run screaming to the nearest fabric store for a new machine.




2 comments:

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)