Friday, August 6, 2010

Eat your Veggies

v and f

It’s that time of year again……harvest!  It has been very weird weather this Spring and Summer, we are just now starting to get some produce out of our gardens.  Unfortunately, my veggies, mostly just squash and cucs were frozen out twice.  So no harvest for me this year.  Mine is coming from the local markets, when and if they have it. 

I have done some canning but will probably do some more in the weeks to come, as produce starts to ripen. 

SIL08-10860-b (582x800)

I thought you might enjoy seeing these really old seed catalogs from the early 1900’s.  Aren’t they beautiful.  The artwork is stunning and all hand painted.SIL08-10748-b (525x800)

4 comments:

  1. Maybe I should ship you some of my cukes!! I just love the seed catalog covers. I might have to use one of them in a project. Maybe use the first one, remove the writing and alter to use as a label for canned homemade veggie soup!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those old seed catalog covers. Want to save them all, but don't have enough memory on my computer. Thanx for finding that great site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pictures from the seed catalog's....so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! Are these yours?!!? You know, they'd be gorgeous printed onto fabric and sewn into a quilt!!! If they are yours, may I copy them!?!? Oh, Oh, Oh!!! You have a LOVELY blog! Thank you so much for stopping in to see me so I can now find YOU!

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)