Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stargazer Lilies

lily 003

This incredibly beautiful lily is amazingly huge! Each pedal is almost as big as my hand!

lily 011

This beauty is just a few feet away and very large as well. All of my lilies came in the same package, marked Stargazer, so I am surprised to see such a variety.

lily 023

That bud is about 4 inches, some of the others are up to 5 1/2. These are unadulterated photos.

blog 015

blog 012 (600x800) They are just outside my back door and their lovely fragrance wanders into my house, like a welcome and exotic stranger. It is totally captivating!

5 comments:

  1. WOWEE ZOWEE!!! They are gorgeous. Don't you just wish you could freeze them just like that and keep them 'til the dead of winter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are incredible! I have some that are very similar but red.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those are beautiful. You really have a green thumb.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it should be in some exotic greenhouse..beautiful..perfect name for tonights stargazing show..should be great..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen... the flower is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)