Monday, January 5, 2015

Monday Moments

tumblr_lhb33ngg5C1qa1sguo1_500

 

When I was a child there were two sisters who lived on the same block in different homes.  One lived on the corner, about eight houses away, mind you, not that far; the other in the middle of the block next to my house. 

I was fascinated with the lady on the corner who lived alone.  Most importantly, she had an old time crank phone on the wall.  Our phone looked like the one above.  I wanted to try this old phone.  I made some excuse to call home and asked to use it.  I was barely tall enough to yell into the speaker…..but I did.

 

  04c9a480a99980ffe6558822fde6590c

 

I remember nothing about that phone call except that this memory stuck with over sixty years, so it must have meant a lot to me.

 

0002y473

A classic ad from l956.

Nothing like the phones of today! 

5 comments:

  1. and then... remember having extra long phone cords so you could go anywhere in the house?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...I hated being attached to the wall...lol!

      Delete
  2. Funny how such mundane things stick in your mind and follow you throughout your whole life. Long term memories ... now if only I could remember where I put my glasses down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mom and Dad found an old phone like that, and had it installed in our first family cabin! We loved that old phone! Man, I wish I had it now!!!
    Happy New Year!
    xo Kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh....remembering "party lines"!!!!

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)