Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A Special Day



I've had this large photo of my son since it was taken when he was 1 in l969 (the year they landed on the moon).  Apparently I was saving it for someone special.....my grand daughter, Mercedes.  It was her birthday today and I cut glass, the photo (yes, I did) and backing to put it all together for her. 

She lives in Wenatchee and I live near Spokane so I wasn't able to deliver it in person but she got it yesterday by mail.  She said she cried...she was so happy.

My son died at the age of 31 and Mercedes had only a very short time with him as a child.  She just turned 25.  He would have been 48 this summer. 

This just made my heart sing. 


13 comments:

  1. What a sweet boy. Hope you have mostly fond memories Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful story of your granddaughter receiving this. Hugs to you, I'm sure preparing & sending it was an emotional time for you to. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful story of your granddaughter receiving this. Hugs to you, I'm sure preparing & sending it was an emotional time for you to. Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just touched my heart. What a lovely gift to give to your granddaughter. Very special. xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely gift for your granddaughter. He was a beautiful child and I'm sure the portrait will be held near and dear to her heart. Sending you a big hug today, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Karen, I'm so sorry for your loss. I didn't know you had lost a son. What a treasured gift for your granddaughter!
    Warm hugs
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely gift to pass along..So sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift, it is so hard to lose a child. Sending y ou hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a special gift for her. Your son was beautiful! I know she will always cherish that picture....

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift to pass along to your granddaughter. This is something that money could never buy. Thanks for sharing this, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a very special gift you gave her!! I know how much that photo means to you and I know she will treasure it always!

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)