Thursday, September 25, 2008
Nothing like a 'sitdown' in front of a nice warm fire. Unfortunately, I do not know what that is like in this house. I do have a beautiful antique fireplace enclosure but I have never gotten to use it. The flue is full of insulation as the previous owners said it was unsafe and indeed in my remodeling I have found this to be true. I have thought about putting in a new flue (metal) and a new insert, a pellet stove or a propane type and this would certainly heat the entire downstairs but I would lose this beautiful enclosure. It might be possible to just mount some type of stove inside and then when using it just remove the cover as they did 'in the old days'. But somehow I just know that would be big 'buckaroos'! And would it really look as nice? I doubt it. So in the mean time I will just cuddle up on the couch with my book and my baby boy, Dash. He will have to keep me warm! But isn't that even nicer!