Friday, November 12, 2010

Here we go again….

“USPS rate increase in January 2011

USPS has announced rate increase plans for January 2011.

Domestic
Retail Express Mail prices will increase 4.6%, but the Stamps.com discounted rate will remain the same.
And while Priority Mail retail prices will increase an average of 3.9%, the Stamps.com discounted rate will only increase by 3.2 percent.

International
Express Mail International will be subject to an overall 3.1% increase, and the overall increase for Priority Mail International will be 3.8%.

FedEx and UPS vs. USPS
While FedEx rates will increase an average of 5.9% and UPS rates an average of 4.9%, the average increase for the USPS rates will only be 3.9%”

!B62NN2wEWk~$(KGrHqMOKnIEy21d!VvkBMygMs3ygg~~-1_12

I am so sick to death of this! It costs more to send most items than what they are worth! Yes, I know they need the increases to stay in business. The USPO is already struggling, as is UPS and Fed Ex.
And with these increases, they will struggle more, as many will just cut back on shipping or purchasing online. Thus more business' will just have to close. Maybe, this is the time for a private postal system, that could be run in a more efficient manner, so as to be less expensive for the consumer and profitable for the owner.

Buying and gift giving, may return to the ‘good old days’ of handmade gifts, thus eliminating the need for expensive shipping. So many of us have returned to these ‘good old days’ in many ways, already.

I have always loved making homemade gifts for my family. And this year, I am adding cards and tags. I don’t know about you but I just love the idea of a simple homemade gift from the heart. There is so much more ‘worth’ in these humble gifts.

Sorry, I will get off my soap box now.

4 comments:

  1. It just doesn't get easier to sell on the web what with the economy and the high price of shipping. Craigslist seems to be the only smart way to sell nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, that will be about the end of e-bay and maybe etsy...people just aren't going to pay that shipping. I am going to fix up one of my trailers into portable little shop and go to flea markets, side of the road...whatever. When I get tired I will take a nap...lol...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a post like this just this week...I'm doing homemade too this year for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm jumping on it right behind you! we're reduced to gift cards....not much fun. :(

    ReplyDelete

"Life is a big canvas, and you should throw all the paint on it you can." Danny Kaye

So throw some paint at me!! Thanks and come back soon! :)